Thursday, January 28, 2010

I got a job!!!

hi all!

So i wanted to fill everyone in that i have accepted the job as Jr. Pastry Chef at SOHO House, West Hollywood. It is a very reputable company with worldwide locations. SOHO house started in London and built a few other locations in the UK before branching out to the US. Basicly it is a high end "club" for rich and famous artists, actors, musicians, ect to get away from cameras and the public eye so they can hang with their friends. There is a gym, a 24 hour kitchen, a pub with a pool table and many big screen TV's, a elegant dinning room on top of the building that has this ceiling that opens up so your outside with olive trees shading you. Did I mention the whole penthouse (2 floors) is enclosed in glass?

SOHO House New York (and Sex in the City) made the meat packing district a desierable and "in"place to live in NYC. They are also building a SOHO House in Miami, Berlin, and Australia. Some locations have rooms to stay in, and they are all a little different. If you want to see some beautiful bedrooms/bathrooms or learn more about it look em up online. I think its SOHOHouse.com.

Some of you may be thinking Pastry? but she loves bread...and yes while this is true I have decided to expand my skills and learn pastry in a high volume, high demand kitchen. The Chef (from London) knows and understands my passion for bread and would like to incorporate housemade bread in the future. Or a possibility that they train me and mold me into a SOHO House Pastry Chef and then they send me to Australia to help open up the new location...awww darn!

So thats my story! Oh and im super happy to be a great aunt squared:)
Love you family:)

ohh and I start on the 8th at 830am...so if you could send some happy thoughts my way...im a little nervous:)

9 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats Kim!!! I am sooo excited for you!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

TRHK said...

Wow! It's good news week. I love it! Congratulations! We expect some scoop on the celeb customers.

TRHK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn Jenn said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream!!!

The Youngs said...

Yeah!! That is wonderful!!! You are going to make an excellent pastry chef! We know your cakes are beyond fantastic so I know you will do great~! Lots of good thoughts coming your way Great Aunt Kim!

Scott said...

CONGRATS! That's going to be tough to refrain from blasting out on FB all of the famous people you will meet.

T-mom said...

Congratulations Kim - you will do great. That is one lucky company to have you!

Schneider said...

cia, thomas keller, the bv joint with the staples center bread, and now the soho house, you're developing a high power resume and the international opportunity might be fun once you get bored of L.A. your rippin. mike

breadchick9 said...

Thanks for the support you guys! xoxoxo