Friday, January 22, 2010

It never rains in Southern California

"Seems it never rains in Southern California. It seems I often heard that talk before. It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya? It pours man, it pours."

It also blows and twists. Check this Huntington Beach beauty out.

I'm about to get on a west bound 747 to Hawaii.

Who wrote the song and what year?

6 comments:

Mike said...

"It Never Rains in Southern California", written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood, is the title of a song first released by Hammond, an English born singer-songwriter, in 1972. Hammond's version became a hit worldwide, peaking at #5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 that year.

The song concerns the struggles of a singer who moves out to California to pursue a career in Hollywood but does not have any success and deteriorates in the process. In the chorus, Hammond sings, "It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya. It pours, man it pours."

I CHEATED! By the way great but scary picture...

T-mom said...

I can sing it in my head but could get no further....thanks Mike!

T-mom said...

hey did you notice yesterday Concord had a twister warning!

Laura said...

San Diego had two warnings in one day for different parts of the city!

Once I can figure out how to upload photos from my phone I'll show you how flooded it was down here at the beach.

The Youngs said...

Yikes!! That is some crazy weather down there! We had a small one here too but Creed saw the swirling but no funnel up by our house!

T-mom said...

I would love to see your pics Laura