We parked the car and started walking through the parking lot when WHAM!!! I was fortunate enough to get one foot over the "wrong way, do not enter" tire spikes when I turned my head and didn't get the other foot over the spikes... I tried to walk it off but it really hurt. What seemed like minutes later I looked down to see blood gushing out of a cut on my foot, we are talking gooey, thick, bright red blood- nothing I have ever seen before. Almost made me whoozy!
Jamo ran off to find help while I sat on a chair in an alcove waiting patiently, watching blood gush out of me... a few napkins and some tape later I was bound up and on my way to the ER for some stitches.
They say you never really get to see a town until you visit the hospital so Jamo and I saw how friendly SB really is- and it is also very under construction.
The staff at the ER did admit that they had never had a tire spike injury before but I think to make me feel better- said that spikes really are dangerous.
We missed the ceremony but did make it to the reception... on crutches and with 5 stitches. (Let me tell you that I would rather break a bone than get lidocaine shots in my foot again- OWWWW). I had to endure the reception being asked what happened and explain how clutsy I am but it really is super funny but then again NOT. I went in the out and yes- tire spikes do stop people too!
My new nickname at work is Spike- ha ha ha!
7 comments:
Jessica can you send me the pics of me all dressed up on crutches?
Ouch! That must have hurt Spike, how long are you going to be Limpy Spikester...ouch..baby.
does that mean this may not be a good weekend to head for Pine Flat?? If you barefooted it could be like the old skis with the rooster tail.... :)
Mike I will be your flag holder with socks and a plastic baggy on my foot :)
She went in the out and on foot!! It was pretty amusing although a bummer! I almost didn't believe how deep it was until I saw it! Only Jenn
Our follow up post will be up shortly
the big question here is exactly how fast were you going before the blow out happened?
I was going wicked fast- you know me, I am fast and agile like a gazzell (or at least a blind one)
Post a Comment