This is our new and bare house- Jamo ripped out all 5 of the oleander bushes! I helped with the first two by driving the truck that ripped them from the ground but then the rope broke :( awwwww.
I also planted some pretty rose bushes on the side (see to the right of the walkway by the garage!)
NEVER EVER plant oleanders- stupid roots!
4 comments:
Ahh removing oleanders. I remember it well. Every young newly married couple should face this task when landscaping their new home. We did it. In the process I got a better appreciation for Cal-Trans workers. I will never forget it. Oleanders rank right up there with junipers. I'm sure both species have triggered battles between young couples. It is these species that help justify hiring gardeners in your later years of marriage. But before you can hire such help you have to wage battles with these horrific root systems that were ever so popular in the 70's. May spring bring you a green lawn and flowers.
Well I am thinking since at some point we all pitched in for other peoples yards- we should have a Fresno work weekend and have everyone up to remove the stupid red rock gravel covering and the oleander roots :)
I agree with Uncle Tom it is good marriage therapy. You will appreciate later in your golden years.
Does it mean that we did something wrong if we didn't fight too much about it? It was a mutual disdain for the bushes
Post a Comment