Okay Jenn remember you asked.... Tom decided earlier in the week he wanted some oysters. We sent the dog to Camp 4 Paws. Called a B&B and headed to Pt. Reyes. Tomales Bay has some of the best oysters. Hog Island Oysters is one large company. We got there Saturday and took a short hike. Five miles from the Youth Hostel to the Ocean. It was beautiful. It was breezy since the storm had just moved on but it left some spectacular sights. The Farallon Islands are about 26 miles off shore and we could see them. We also saw what looked like oil rigs off shore. Turns out they were new cranes for the Port of Oakland. Today they made a big to do about them as they slipped under the GG Bridge and the Bay Bridge with 3 ft. to spare.
After the hike we went to Tony's and Tom had his bbq oysters and they were everything he had hoped for - fresh and delicious.
The next morning we got up, went to breakfast and headed out for another hike. Pt Tomales is a 4.5 mile hike (we learned this is "as the crow flies") with Pacific Ocean on one side and Tomales Bay on the other. Beautiful. Wildflowers are starting to bloom. Elk roam this area as it is their reserve.
We got back into town had the best pizza. It is amazing that after hiking everything tastes fantastic. We were picking up the dog an hour and half later and home in two half hours. If anybody wants to come do this we would definitely do it again!
Now for home movies.
8 comments:
Wow! Looks like an awesome trip! I am sure Creed & I could manage a weekend trip like this one with you guys!
Great pictures Trish. That looked like fun. By the way are you playing word games on your phone in two of those pictures??
Mike - that is why Tom took those pictures but I was not playing word games....I was taking a picture - honest.
That is a trip Jamo and I will have to take for sure!
Looks gorgeous! I want to go right now.
Tom & I are so jealous! We want to go next time for sure. Beautiful pictures!
So clear - Where was "THE FOG"? Nice getaway you two.
NONE! no fog at all. Remember spring and fall are the best for our beaches up north :)
Post a Comment