We did it! I had my first (probably last) order for cakepops. Jamie's roommate Jamie (yes, it gets confusing) works for an event planning company in San Francisco. Quarterly they give out "cupcake" goodies. Jamie's friends and I have been making cakepops for about a year. Molded cake & frosting dipped in chocolate, that is a cakepop. Jamie thought this would be a perfect quarterly gift. 300 of them in a week!! I enlisted the help of Jenn cause she was the first one to make cakepops when I sent her the link. Jenn baked 6 vanilla cakes. Jamie (Schneider by virtue of her relationship with Jamie), Tom, Grammy Smith and Katelyn all were brought in to help. They scooped, m&m'd, sprinkled, sacked and curled ribbon. We did it!! 400 cakepops later. We delivered 300 of them to Jamie Schultz. Grammy Smith got 15 for dessert at a dinner. Katelyn got 7 for a slumber party. Jamie Schneider got 15 for a super bowl party. Tom got 30 for the sugar gang at BAIF. Who knows how many we ate and/or messed up. Jamie Schultz' company was thrilled. We may have to rethink this business venture :) after a little rest.
8 comments:
They look so professional
Would you expect anything less? I took a few home as well and the left over cake and made 100 more!
Where are the baby's vanilla ones?!!! Huh?
Ok, is the cake recipe special, its cooked cake dough right? Got the dipping and decorate from the photos...and the sticks, are they special sticks...? Gotta give this a try. Is it enough cake as in a serving, like a slice per pop? Or does one need a few of them babies to be cakepop satisfied? Mmmmm.....
They are so pretty! I am going to try making them soon. 400 is amazing! How many does a regular cake make?
use a regular box of cake. bake it in a 9x13 pan. After totally cool, crumble it completely. Stir in a tub of cream cheese frosting (this recipe is soooooo complicated). Stick it in the frig to chill. Shape into little cup cakes or balls. Melt some melting chocolate dip the chilled cakes into the chocolate. Sticks are just lollipop sticks - Web site is Bakerella.com
So Cute!! You might have inspired me as well! :)
One is usually more than enough, depends on the cake flavor though! Chocolate is definitely the richest but I love the sprinkles and good old fashion yellow cake! A hint, they are much easier to do without the sticks! lol
Post a Comment