Monday, October 5, 2009

What a weekend!



Creed & I were in Cayucos this weekend for his mom's family reunion. A great time was had by all even though it was a bit windy and cold. You just can't beat being at the beach!
Since we were already there I went and cheered on Jenn and a few friends who were all doing the Lopez Lake Sprint Triathlon. Let's just say it was so cold when I got there I was very glad to be bundled up in my warm jacket & Uggs! The poor participants! It must have spurred them on though because they all did really well. I am so proud of Jenn for doing this and completing it in just great time! I am actually considering it myself next year so maybe we can get a Team Final Final going!
My favorite qoute of the day was from Jenn though as she was transitioning from the bike to the run. As she came into the transition area and saw us cheering her on all she could say was "son of a bleep" (I used a bleep but it was not what she said! Just in case children are reading this lol) Enough said but she still pushed on and finished the race.
Way to go Jenn!

3 comments:

Schneider said...

Jessica...I hope you remembered being on that pier many years ago, this same time of year and a similiar sunset behind you, a little girl and dressed up like a princess!

Great job Jenn. You did awesome! You must be very proud (and sore...ouch)...xoxo

Jenn Jenn said...

I was son of a bleeping because my legs turned to jello- not because of you cheering :)

The Youngs said...

I actually saw a wedding reception in the hall where you guys did your rehearsal. Such great memories and Creed has to listen to them over and over when we are there since I tend to repeat stories a lot! lol