So I was invited by a very good friend of mine to come back east for a horse show- turns out it is the second largest international 3 day event show held in the US (The Rolex 3 day is the largest).
I arrived way too early Sat morning (landed at 6 am) to pouring down rain and horrible mud but the event went on with it's second day, cross country jumping. It was insane but incredible to watch the athleticism by both horse and rider to keep their footing on soggy grass and deep mud and still jump permanent fences 4' or higher... there were many riders who fell, chose not to finish the course and a few who didn't even attempt it. Sunday's show jumping was more incredible (no rain but still bitter cold) as my Molly's trainer won the whole event ( a devilishly handsome Australian- her words not mine Jamo!)
Monday was my last full day there and it was well spent riding round on a pony, galloping across rolling green hills and through some amazing scenery.
Also found my dream barn that some guy built for his 14 yr old daughter who gave up riding a year later! Pretty sure I am not giving up riding so Dad, where's my barn?
4 comments:
wow Jenn looks like a great trip. Like a little rain could dampen your enthusiasm for horses - ha!
That looks like an awesome trip Jenn! Welcome back!
I really do not think that I could watch a horse jump over that "big ass jump". I would be a nervous wreck. That is huge. It's not like you could bail out mid flight.
The country side is amazing. It has been added to my bucket list.
I was a nervous wreck just watching people ride and they didn't even do the big big stuff! But I did see a few people bail out mid flight- it looks like superman :)
One girl's horse decided to not jump and then changed his mind and landed in the middle of a jump during the show jumping round- unfortunately the horse caught his leg on a pole cup (metal c-shaped cup that holds the poles up) and sliced through 95% of his tendon- not a good way to end a career. The girl was fine though very upset
Post a Comment