Monday, May 5, 2008

Mike turns 102
















Hi all. Have not been on for awhile...things have been a bit crazy. I thought I would let you know I turned 102 yesterday...Oh miles not years...yet... I rode the Delta Century on Sunday. We started at Jessies Grove WInery in Lodi and toured the vineyards and Delta roads between Lodi and West Sac. As a relatively new rider this was a total wild hair but I survived. It was a beautiful ride although the wind was a bit menacing. 102 miles with 7 hours and 20 minutes time in the saddle...It's a RIDE not a race....ok... Anyone want to join me on the next one.... The top picture is about 80 miles in on a ferry crossing the river...still smiling...The last picture is at the finish...still smiling...kinda....From that picture it is obvious why we are the Old Fat Guys club...Take care, gotta run Mike

4 comments:

T-mom said...

Lets hear it for "the Old Fat Guys" club. Mike, I am so impressed!!!! Congratulations - it looks like it was a beautiful ride.
I have to laugh cause when Thomas and his friends played wiffle ball there were couple guys that were the "little bit chubby guys" club.

Scott said...

NICE WORK! Not sure I am up for 102 miles, keep recruiting ;)

See ya this weekend for some wine tasting, oh yeah and to watch Megs run.

Jenn Jenn said...

Congrats on 102- I would love to try next time you go, I am definitely not a great bike rider though so it may be more like 10.2 :)

Whose going wine tasting and why wasn't I invited along for the fun?!

Tom Schneider said...

Let me know when your next ride is, I just got into cycling, just got some click in shoes, haven't fallen yet