Friday, August 6, 2010
Busy Day in Clovis
Sitting here in the house and hearing a helicopter or a fire engine go by is not unusual especially in dry summer months but when I heard the 3rd engine go by I thought I would look out the front window to see which direction they were heading. To my surprise, the fire was right across the road from us! Not too close but close enough to have a small bag packed just in case! Thankfully we are just doors down from the CDF station but we had front row seats to watch as at least 6 engines go by our house, 2 helicopters dropping water and we saw at least 4 planes dropping fire retardant. I must say the retardant looks way cooler being dropped in person than it does on TV. Those planes get really super close to the ground before dropping. It looks like the fire is almost out even after about an hour of burning. We are hoping that no one was injured but we have heard that it might have been a structure involved in the intial fire. None the less our house has never had so many planes and helicopters fly over it but thankfully they were all over it and got the blaze under control quickly! Just another Friday before heading off to birthing class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
a little too close for comfort!
That is not really not the type of entertainment you need.... Glad you guys are ok.
Mike
Yikes, based on the pics it looks really close. Glad everyone is okay. Now I would like to see the planes to their drops after hearing you describe it.
Post a Comment