Saturday, September 12, 2009

Off and cycling!

It was a late evening and a very early morning. We met up with Mike in Bakersfield to complete Team Final Final and the journey began...

Hotel arrival: 10:20pm

First of many hydrating beverages and getting ready for the next day kept them up till about 11:30 pm (and No Tom Schneider- it was not beer!)

Wake up call: 4:30-4:45 IN THE MORNING!

The guys enjoyed a very filling and kind of thick smoothy with some E-Lite (electorlytes galore! and major calories) for fuel. It also helps with cramping for when they hit the big hills in Torrey Pines. I tried some, have to say it isn't bad but wouldn't want to drink it at 5 in the morning.

They registered with a mass of other riders (about 1,200 riders on the trip)and off on their bikes by 6:30am. I have lots of pictures but it was too dark to snap any with a cell phone so I will have to wait and post later...

I feel much better about our guys biking- some of the other riders didn't look like they could make it down the street let alone 100 miles so there is hope that I won't be driving home cramping calves and whining sissy's :) I think I even saw Santa Claus getting onto a bike! (A very old guy with a cool white beard)

Enough from me- back to bed I go for at least another hour!

Good Luck Team Final Final!

Your Amtrak Century Ride correspondent,
Jenn

1 comment:

T-mom said...

Thank you so much for the updates! We will be checking often. Good to hear our guys look like they can make it.