Friday, September 25, 2009

Hi from Vietnam

Hi Everyone!!

I've been in Thailand and Vietnam for the last 2 weeks. I'm sad that I have to go home in a couple days. It is amazing here! I love the people and way of life. I'm pretty sure Thailand needs to be our next family reunion spot! ;) I've attached a link to my photos of Thailand - you'll see why everyone needs to experience this place. We flew into Bangkok and then took an overnight bus to the southern part of Thailand. We then took a ferry to Koh Phi Phi and that is where the majority of the scenery photos are from. We stayed there for 4 days and then went back to Krabi for the rest of the day. Not much there so we flew back to Bangkok - couldn't do the 13 hour bus ride again. We stayed in Bangkok for another 3 days before flying back to Ho Chi Minh City. In Bangkok we stayed in the backpackers area and it was incredible. The people watching was great!! We also shopped at one of the biggest malls I have ever been in! :) I loved Thailand!! Vietnam is pretty amazing as well. I love that I am getting to see the "locals" side of Vietnam because my best friend has lived here for the last year. I haven't put up any from Vietnam yet but will definitely let you guys know when I do!! I love you all and miss you!

6 comments:

Mike said...

This is the link to Laura's pictures. They are pretty amazing and clearly she and Katie are having a great time! Fortunately she has been emailing frequently which helps stim the ever greying hair production. :0)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2236028&id=24602757&l=ec13f1aac7

Laura said...

...or if you click on the title....(its linked to the photos)

The Youngs said...

Looks like it is an awesome trip!! We can't wait to hear and see more about it!

T-mom said...

wow - the scenery is pretty incredible. The different blues of the waters is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us. The sunburns on the bodies are painful looking too! What are the foods that you are eating and the drinks?

Laura said...

In the photos we're eating Veggie Pad Thai (yummy!) and the drinks are anything from the cheap Thai beer, Chang or Singah, to a Thai pepper cocktail. It sounds really weird but it was actually pretty good. :) Unfortuanately we didn't have any sunscreen on the boat ride over to Phi Phi and burned the heck out of ourselves. We were just so excited to be free from the hours on busses that we wanted to be out on the open deck!

The Youngs said...

Phad Thai is my favorite thing!! I am so jealous!