Your Amtrak correspondent is happy to say all three guys made it across the finish line and made it to the train on time to get back to Irvine.
They will have to blog about their stories but I will fill you in on the aftermath...
The train pulled into the station and as it rolled to a stop I could hear cheering, yelling and an all around party atmosphere- people poured out of the train wearing mardi gra beads, almost all carrying coolers and beer cans... and a distinct odor wafted after them. Mike was the first I spotted and looked great, followed by Thomas and Jamison both as cheery.
The parking lot was swarming with people and giant semi trailers full of bikes. We waited for truck 5 and 6 to arrive with the guys bikes. There was a semi dedicated to Tandom bikes! Would you ever ride 100 miles with someone else behind or in front of you the whole way?! No way from me- I can't rely on my own balance let alone someone elses :)
As each bike was lifted down from the trailer, cheers and clapping erupted- it was kind of cute.
We finished the night with more beer and amazing food at The Yard House where there was seriously 300 beers on tap. It was crazy. We also got to enjoy a fellow drunk biker at the table next to us. At first I thought he was falling asleep from the ride. When he threw up all over his table and the floor (right next to us) I knew it was not from exhaustion... glad to have riders who could handle their beer.
We hit the beds at 9:30 and I am pretty sure all the guys were asleep within minutes.
Great work guys- can't wait to hear more stories!
4 comments:
Congratulations to Team Final Final! What a great accomplishment! Thanks for the update Jenn and also for surprising us with a visit while you waited for them to finish. We can't wait to see the pictures.
Jenn you are the best
My butt hurts.
Jamo: quit sniviling
Post a Comment