We spent the weekend at Grammy Schneider's place in Tahoe. The first day Tom and Jim went to play golf with one of Tom's old college buddies. Of course they played two courses outside of Reno - an easy 36 for Tom. Connie is doing a 75 mile bike ride in Tahoe on September 12th so this was an opportunity to get some riding in. Connie, Karen and I hopped on our bikes and rode to Squaw Valley. The bike path from the taverns to Squaw is great. We rode back thinking we would get a late lunch at the Bridge Tender but they were full. So we climbed on our bikes and then rode to Sunnyside. We estimated 15 miles but when I tried to measure it it looked like almost 20! I am not a bike rider but I did it and lived to tell (don't forget altitude).
The next day Cliff came with his boat (a ski boat but it worked) and we cruised Tahoe. The lake was not too rough with a bit of wind. We went to Emerald Bay and back. We lunched at Sunnyside - my first for boat side dining. Thomas was in Tahoe for his BroAm. They had their swimming competition at the pier but we missed them. Thomas and his bro took home the title.
Sunday we cleaned up and headed home. Sometimes we forget how great a weekend trip to Tahoe can be.
5 comments:
Looks like fun! Can't wait for my turn Labor Day weekend!
Trish: you know how to hurt a guy. With the bike riding you should be joining Jamison, Tom and me for our little jaunt down the coast on 9/12. By the way, what do you mean "boat (a ski boat but it worked)".... It looked like a great boat and you probably did not even ski or Sky Ski.... Sunnyside by boat is the best. Those runs are probably my favorite memories at Tahoe.
Glad you had a great time.
Wow. What a great weekend. The bike path to squaw sounds really cool. Im impressed, 20 plus miles at altitude. The heart has to be working well. Did you take a lift at Squaw and catch some down hill thrills and big hit jumps?
Mike - Cliff kept telling me that ski boats aren't really the right type for cruising in Tahoe due to the rougher water. There is another boat that cuts through the waves but it is a great ski boat.
Tom- I did not take the lift at Squaw. I don't even ski down Squaw. I have issues with downhill and fast.
Heart is doing well. I just can't imagine what 100 miles feels like on the seat! Connie insists that "butt butter" is some wonder creation for those rides!!!!
big Tom wanted me to make sure it was biking, boating and BEER. Another of your favorite B's
Post a Comment