Saturday, February 21, 2009

Amgen Tour of California Solvang 2009



Solvang was great. The crowd was unbelievable...Who knew..... I really had fun and shot way too many pictures. There are 20+ of Lance Armstrong. I have to admit I was intimidated as he approached and did not zoom in like I did for many of the others. I held back and kept shooting... Oh well still learning.

Mike

4 comments:

T-mom said...

Mike, Lance has nothing on you buddy just zoom away next time. How funny it must be something to see this race cause you and Jenn both made me think I wanted to be there!

Mike said...

Trish: even for non-cyclists it is pretty amazing. We are all sports nuts and these riders are the best in the world. It is a very rare opportunity to see it in California. The vast majority of the ridrs and support teams are European. Kinda like world cup soccer..... I am sitting here (while I wait for Linda to come home from school) imagining the romatic night you must be enjoying at the hands of your Hubby for your Bday.....
Mike

Jenn Jenn said...

Mike you do know her kids read this blog right? We don't want to know about our dads hands!

Scott said...

haha, awesome pics. Glad the new camera made it through the weekend. You had some super sharp shots at 300mm+