Another visit on the trip was to Appomattox. History buffs will know this as the spot where Lee and Grant met and finished the Civil War. An area that is incredibly beautiful. Beautiful green rolling hills. 22,000 southern soldiers marched where we stood to lay down there arms. Tom took the tour and has lots of info. Jamie and I wandered. (Jenn this is horse country for sure! and mountain bikers could go forever).
There are some other pictures here too. We did a little bird watching - they have cardinals here, an incredible red. I followed some road with my Mom and Jeanette to view wild life....saw a ground hog and great scenery. Tom, Jamie and I finished our trip with a day in down town Roanoke where we were able to attend the Strawberry Festival. A little shopping and strawberry short-cakes. Jamie thinks she won't be able to live there - life is a little slower but it was a nice little adventure.
4 comments:
Very cool!!!
I love the green fields... glad to have you back!
And why are they walking goats on leashes?
come on Jenn - its Virginia and they can!
Post a Comment