Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hawaii 2009


My Christmas present this year was a trip to Hawaii. I let Tom share my present and come also. 7 days! It was so beautiful and so relaxing. We spent 3 of the days sitting all day in a cabana by a little bay. We snorkeled with sea turtles, kayaked, read books, beat Tom at gin and had lunch brought to us. We took a couple day trips - botanical gardens, Greenfield Coffee Growers operation, hiked to black sand beaches, saw the painted church and the place of refuge. We watched every sunset. It was the trip we hoped it would be. We talked alot about how fun it would be to have a trip with everyone. I have to say it was nice for us to spend it together - the first time 7 days all alone and we thought of things to talk about the whole time :)

3 comments:

Megs said...

Wow! Your pictures looked great. I wish I was back in Hawaii!!!

The Youngs said...

Very cool! Hawaii sure does sound nice

TRHK said...

Aloha! Its sounds like it was a great trip. Nice to see Tom "Cousteau" Schneider entering into the food chain and swimming with the fishes. Keep the Aloha spirit going until your next trip.