Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday night excitment

Our exciting Saturday night in Lemoore- Iron Chef style

The secret ingredient of the night was... wait for it... CHEESE! Selected by a neutral party, Matt Frye of the east coast.

Each of use decided on two dishes, a salad and mac and cheese. The winner is not very clear because all the dishes were fantastic!

Please feel free to decide for yourself and leave some feed back :)

8 comments:

TRHK said...

I'm sure everything was tasty, however i'm going with the following.

A) Jamison's drink. I can never get the straw into the juice bag.

B) Jenn's pear salad. The pear slices look a little thick. But a great combo. I would definitely order it off of any menu. Those are candied walnuts? Great presentation.

C) The mac, broccoli, cheese dish looks good. It is as healthy as mac and cheese can get, it has a crispy top, and has a nice presentation.

Jamie, what would you put the total caloric count on this meal??

Yum!!!

T-mom said...

Jamie and I had such a craving for mac & cheese the other night....I sure wish we had been able to be the judges that night!! Jamo your technique looked awesome.

Jenn Jenn said...

Mom you can make my mac and cheese in about 20 minutes...
boil 1-1/2 c macaroni

pancetta, sliced thin
1/2 c sharp cheddar
1c guyere cheese
1/2 c parmesan
1/4 tsp paprika
1 clove garlic- crushed
1 c cream
chives for garnish

in pan crisp pancetta for about 4 min- drain and set aside on paper towels
add cream and simmer 1-2 min

add cheeses, paprika and garlic, simmer until fully melted (8 mins)

add pancetta and noodles

serve immediately with chives as garnish

Jenn Jenn said...

by the way this make the perfect 2 srevings...

The Youngs said...

Hold on a minute, aren't you supposed to have guest judges? Where was Creed & my invites? The mac and broc looks awesome, could really use some for lunch... hint hint sister!!!

Jenn Jenn said...

Too bad you hint after I left the house :)

Jamie said...

We like to call that a HEARTY meal meaning they probably consumed two days worth of kcals.. unless they were standing up while eating of course ; )

Jenn Jenn said...

What about half standing half sitting? I like to perch while I eat :)