Friday, June 29, 2012

Tee Up for Down Syndrome

It was 5:30 in the morning and I was driving to the golf tournament when I got a text from my co-chair saying his car was broken in to and everything was gone... "ha ha" I texted back "your funny this early in the morning". The next text I got made me sick to my stomach- it was a photo of a destroyed dashboard and an empty seat... all of our golfer bag prizes, event shirts and misc other things were stolen and I was on my way to the tournament- no way to replace anything!

Thankfully wonderful people came out to support us and didn't mind not getting the fun stuff promised. It was a challenging course at Ridge Creek Golf Club- our very own Jamison Whiting and team came in FIRST! It was actually a Schneider/Whiting sweep- Tom Schneider, Creed and friends came in just 1 or two strokes behind the winning team.

I have to give a huge hug and shout out to my dad- he ran our putting contest so well, supplied a greaat Kindle as a prize and was so very supportive all day- thank you very much.

I also need to thank Jamison who came home yesterday from the east coast and through jet lag and exhaustion- helped organize, pack and set up with me.




Now I am going to curl up and take a nap :)

2 comments:

T-mom said...

Jenn you are awesome!

The Youngs said...

I heard it was a great time and that you did an amazing job!! Congrats on a successful tournament regardless of a jerk breaking into your co-chair's car and stealing all the stuff! Karma will get them!!