Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oakland Run Festival




Okay, so maybe sitting and standing are hard to do but she ran 13.1 miles. Congratulations Jamie!
Jamie, Mary Beth, and Christine all ran a half-marathon last Saturday. This is quite a feat especially since all the above are water polo players - born to move in water not asphalt.
Bragging rights also go to Shawn's Mom, Rozanne, and her sister, Erin, who walked (ran for the cameras) a half marathon. Congrats to them also.
I do have to do a little bragging for us, the cheerers. Years of practice allowed us to use all that experience sitting at the Chop Bar bar cheering hours of runners along. It was actually a satisfying experience as the runners were all so grateful for the encouragement. We could be professional.
Enough about us though.... Congratulations to all you Half-Marathoners!!!

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

Congrats to Jamie and everyone for completing the half marathon!! More than I could do lol but I think the cheering section does deserve a pat on the back! Well placed at the Chop Bar takes planning and skill!! :)